Sniper Elite V2 is a third person tactical WWII shooter and the sequel to 2005's Sniper Elite. Playing as an American sniper infiltrating Berlin during the last days of the war, players must sneak and shoot their way to their high-ranking targets. Realistic bullet physics can make landing a shot challenging, though there are a number of assists available to help players if they so choose. In addition to a campaign that can be played cooperatively, there are a few cooperative online multiplayer modes.
- Sniping Simulation - Sniper Elite V2 features detailed sniping simulation with advanced ballistics, taking into account gravity, wind, velocity, bullet penetration, aim stability and more. Guaranteed to provide players with the most realistic simulation of military sharpshooting yet available.
- X-Ray Kill Cam - Amazing "kill cam" technology showcases what really happens when a bullet enters an enemy’s body, allowing players to see hearts and lungs tear, livers burst, bones and teeth shatter and entrails fall out.
- Authenticity – The game features authentic World War II Berlin locations as well as vehicles, weapons such as the Springfield M1903, the Gewehr 43 and the Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 and uniforms modeled after the original versions.
- Use The Environment - The slightest changes in the environment need to be taken into account to move into the perfect position, observe the quarry, take the shot and slip away unnoticed.
- Snipers Choice - Players will often find themselves facing a choice of the perfect shot that leaves them catastrophically exposed or a more difficult route that means they can continue their mission.
- Multiplayer – For the first time in a Sniper Elite game, two players can play an online campaign in co-op.