In The Darkness II players are taken down the brutal and personal path of Jackie Estacado, head of a New York crime family and wielder of an ancient and ruthless force of chaos and destruction known as the Darkness. The Darkness II stands out visually with its distinctive graphic noir style, and it is the only first person shooter to feature quad-wielding: the ability to simultaneously utilize four different weapons (2 weapons and Jackie's Demon Arms).
It's been two years since Jackie Estacado used the Darkness to kill the men responsible for his girlfriend's murder. He's been unable to shake the memory of Jenny's death since bottling up his supernatural power and now the Darkness wants out. A sudden, unprovoked attack on Jackie's life heralds the start of a full-scale mob war and opens the door for the Darkness to reemerge. The botched attempt sets Jackie on a journey to hell and worse as he unravels the mystery behind the attack and the motivations of the Darkness itself.
- Quad-wielding Chaos - Slash, grab, and throw objects and enemies with the Demon Arms while simultaneously firing two weapons, adding a new dimension to the FPS category
- Harness an Unstoppable Power – Master the Demon Arms and summon the powers of The Darkness for even more explosive gameplay
- Kill the Lights – The vicious powers of The Darkness manifest only in the shadows so use the environment to your advantage and watch out for enemies who will use light as a weapon
- An Intense and Personal Journey – Experience a dark, twisted and gripping story written exclusively for the game by acclaimed comic book author Paul Jenkins whose credits also include The Incredible Hulk, Wolverine, and the original The Darkness game
- Distinctive Graphic-noire Style – Graphic novel shading and color combined with the dramatic lighting of film noir pays tribute to the source material and brings the pages of the comic series to life. Inspired by the popular comic book series created by Top Cow
- 4-player Co-op – The Vendettas co-op mode features 4-player support, as well as a separate story and unique characters with abilities tied to the Darkness
Limited Edition includes:
- The Darkness II for PC
- "Crazy Abdul" darkling outfit
- Two character ability upgrades:
- Gourmet Hearts - provides bonus for eating hearts
- Relic Hunter - locates collectible items in the world
- Custom illustration by Marc Silvestri
- Free digital download of The Darkness Origins Volume 1 and Volume 2 comics