No games available...
Big Huge Games
Role Playing Games (RPG)
PS3 / 360
The minds of New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston have combined to create Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, a new role-playing game set in a world worth saving. Build the character you’ve always wanted and continuously evolve it to your style of play with the revolutionary Destiny system. Choose your path and battle through a master-crafted universe featuring some of the most intense, responsive, and customizable RPG combat ever.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is a single player Action RPG that blends a new approach to character development with intuitive, yet challenging real-time combat. Characters enter the game as something of a blank slate after they are resurrected from death by the mysterious "Well of Souls" following a grand in-game conflict. Spurning the rigid character class systems commonly used in RPGs for the development of characters, the game instead focuses on player-shaped "destines" which hinge on the chosen combinations of abilities and equipped items and weapons attached to their character as the game progresses. With no traditional classes these are blended as the play wishes. This along with a large item inventory limit and a robust crafting system for creating new items, allows for a nearly limitless number of possible character paths, or destines.
Active combat plays a major role in the game as players explore the Open World environment of the game on quests that bring them into contact with all manner of creatures. Regardless of character paths, all characters have access to primary and secondary weapons as well as magic. Unique attacks are tied to your choice of weapons, armor and strategies. The game also features powerful slow-motion attack opportunities called "Fateshift Kills" triggered by specific situations and/or equipped items. These devastating attacks are measured out as players time moves to a separate "Fate Energy" power meter. Additional features include unscripted real-time battles against large-scale enemies, melee and ranged weapons and enemy tagging abilities for ranged or delayed attacks.
- Uncover the secrets of Amalur in hundreds of hours of immersive gameplay, from the vibrant city of Rathir to the vast region of Dalentarth to the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns.
- Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death. Turn your lack of a destiny to your advantage and harness fate as a weapon.
- Explore deep levels of lore in a universe steeped in 10,000 years of fiction created by New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore.
- Customize your play in a dynamic combat system that delivers some of the most intense and responsive action ever seen in an RPG.
- Seamlessly integrate magical and melee attacks as you take on scores of enemies in grand fight sequences and finish them off with brutal Fateshift kills.
- Build the character you've always wanted with the revolutionary new Destiny system that allows you to continuously evolve your character class to your style of play.
- Create and modify your hero with millions of combinations of skills, abilities, weapons and pieces of armor.
- RPG Combat