No games available...
PS3 / PSP / 360 / DS / Wii
The traditional white and black armies have evolved into an army of light with their brave knights in shining armor, pitted against the wicked dark army of demons and beastly golems. Each piece is intricately animated and as players move them around the board they spring into life, ready to wage war. If a square is occupied by an enemy unit, they enter into a brutal clash that sees the foe removed from the board in bloody combat.
Another evolutionary element Battle vs. Chess brings to the arena is the addition of the optional Action Mode. If selected, instead of entering a scripted animation when attacking, players challenge their opponent in a beat-'em-up style encounter. Using a variety of weapons, fighting techniques and combos, players must best their opponent in a fast-paced flurry of blows and special moves –adding a whole new meaning to the phrase checkmate.
- A Challenge for Chess Players of all Levels: Uses the famous Fritz11! chess software, with 10 distinct levels of difficulty
- An Action Twist to a Classic Board Game: The innovative fusion of professional chess software and the deathmatch “Action Mode” result in a strategic action experience unlike anything before
- Primed for Multiplayer Competition: Engage friends and foes via local head-to-head matches or online (select platforms only).
- Vibrant visuals and Exciting Fantasy Setting: Richly crafted army sets and six immersive gameboard environments to choose from with stunning HD visuals and particle effects
- Cinematic Animated Sequences: adding another dimension to the gameplay, the cinematics will pull players into the action of the game