Nintendo 3DS includes two screens. The bottom touch screen makes use of a telescoping stylus that is stored in the unit itself. The top screen displays 3D visuals to the naked eye. Looking at the screen is like peering through a window into a world where characters and objects have true depth. The system also has a 3D Depth Slider that lets players select the level of 3D they enjoy the most. The 3D effect can be ratcheted up to the highest level, scaled back to a more moderate setting or even turned off completely, depending on the preference of the user. Nintendo 3DS Features: 3D Upper Screen, Touch Lower Screen, New input & controls, Inward-Facing Camera, 3D Depth Slider, Wireless Switch, Dual Outward-Facing Cameras, Augmented Reality (AR) Games and built-in applications, Circle Pad, Gyro Sensor, Motion Sensor and Pedometer. Accessories included: Charging Cradle, AC Adapter, Nintendo 3DS Stylus, six AR Cards for use with augmented reality games, 2 GB SD Card for storing photos, music and downloadable content.
- Size (when closed) - 2.9" high, 5.3" long, 0.8" deep.
- Weight - Approximately 8 ounces (including battery pack, stylus, SD memory card).
- Upper 3D Display - 3.53" (3.02" wide x 1.81" high) with 800 x 240 pixel resolution, range of 16.77 million colors and 400 pixels are allocated to each eye to enable 3D viewing.
- Lower Screen - 3.02" (2.42" wide, 1.81" high) with 320 x 240 pixel resolution and range of 16.77 million colors.
- Cameras - 3 (2 facing out, 1 facing in), each with 640 x 480 resolution capability; single focus lenses using the CMOS capture element; active pixel count is approximately 300,000 pixels.
- Wireless Functionality - 2.4 GHz, supporting IEEE802.11 b/g with the WPA/WPA2 security features.
- Input Controls - A/B/X/Y Button, + control pad, L/R button, START/SELECT, Circle Pad (enabling 360-degree analog input), Touchscreen, embedded microphone, Camera, Motion sensor, Gyro sensor.
- Other Input Controls - 3D Depth Slider (enabling smooth adjustment of the 3D level effect), HOME (HOME button brings up the HOME menu), Wireless switch (can disable wireless functionality even during game play), POWER button.
- Parental Controls - Enable parents to restrict game content by ratings as well as use of specific wireless connectivity, 3D functionality, etc.
- System Transfer - Enable users to transfer already purchased software from one Nintendo 3DS system to another. DSiWare purchased for the Nintendo DSi or the Nintendo DSi XL can also be transferred into a Nintendo 3DS system.
- Built-in Software - Includes: the Nintendo 3DS Camera, Nintendo 3DS Sound, Mii Maker, StreetPass, Mii Plaza, AR Games, Activity Log, Face Raiders, etc.
- Connector - Game Card slot, SD Card slot, Cradle connector, AC adapter connector, Audio jack (stereo output).
- Sound - Stereo speakers positioned to the left and right of the top screen (supports virtual surround sound).
- Stylus - Telescoping stylus (approximately 3.94" when fully extended).
- Electric Power - AC adapter (WAP-002 [USA]). Nintendo 3DS Battery Pack (lithium ion battery) [CTR-003].
- Approximate Charge Time - 3.5 hours.
- Approximate Battery Duration - 3-5 hours (3DS software), 5-8 hour (DS software and/or with lowered brightness settings).
- Game Card - Nintendo 3DS Game Card. The size is approximately the same as Nintendo DS Game Card.